Sunday 4 January 2009

Eco-cleaning for lazy people: Homemade Multi-Purpose Cleaning Spray

I wish the supermarkets sold white vinegar in bucket sized bottles, because you can use it for practically everything!

I have spray bottles (empty ecover bottles) that I have washed out and half filled with white vinegar.  I top it up with water to dilute the vinegar and sometimes add a few drops of essential oil.  Lavender and Tea-Tree have great anti-bacterial qualities, but if you have a cat you might like to use Tea-Tree sparingly as it can be toxic to them.

The vinegar cuts through any grease, so it's great for most household cleaning tasks:
  • Wiping down worksurfaces (gentle enough for wood)
  • Cleaning the hob
  • Cleaning the bathroom
  • Wiping down cupboards
  • Cleaning mirrors
  • Cleaning tiles
  • Cleaning the inside of Mimi's litter tray (once it's been emptied!)
Before getting into homemade cleaning products I had tried every brand of eco-cleaner I could find and this works much better than any of them.  It's much cheaper too!

No comments:

Post a Comment